Event: 2012 JConcepts Arizona State Championships
Date: November 17-18 , 2012
Track: SRS Raceway – Scottsdale, AZ
SRS Raceway in Scottsdale, AZ hosted the 27th annual Arizona State Championships. A fresh layout was built and a highly prepared surface made for one of the best State races in recent memory. 170 entries came out to compete at one of the largest 2-day state championship events ever at SRS. With the green inspired JConcepts Events T-shirts on-hand the spirit was great in the pit area and everyone was ready to race on the famous high-bite dirt.
Team Associated / JConcepts drivers Ryan Maifield, Brian Kinwald and Tanner Denney were at the front of the pack all weekend dominating in the modified classes. Ryan dominated the 2wd modified qualifying recording 3 straight TQ runs. Ryan sat on the pole position once again at the famous SRS track. Ryan alternated TQ’s each round with Brian Kinwald in the modified racing truck class and Ryan ultimately won the tie-break to sit on top. Tanner Denney debuted his new B44.2 to a TQ in the 4wd modified class looking quick as usual on the home surface. The “Dirtinator” Brian Kinwald showed everyone how it’s done in the 2wd SCT modified class with a dominating qualifying performance placing his JConcepts equipped SC10 on the TQ spot.
During the main events, Ryan Maifield quickly took a big lead in the 2wd modified A-1 and cruised to an easy victory. At the start of A-2, Maifield quickly established another lead but this time, teammate Brian Kinwald was stuck to Maifield’s rear bumper. The 2 AE / JConcepts drivers using their Orange compound Bar Codes pulled a large lead over the rest of the field. Maifield pulled a 2 second advantage at the end of the race to claim another AZ title. A-3 began with Kinwald using his experience to hold a small lead. Lap after lap Kinwald continued to lay down the quick laps and extended to a comfortable margin taking A-3 and 2nd place overall.
The modified truck single A-main was owned once again by Ryan Maifield. Ryan blasted out front with his Pressure Points equipped T4.1 and navigated the high-bite SRS track as only he can. Pushing the limit all race, Maifield stayed out front, while 2nd qualifier and teammate Brian Kinwald put down the consistent laps to earn himself another 2nd place finish. Ricky Gaynor emerged in the race and took a well deserved 3rd place. The AE / JConcepts drivers were untouchable all weekend in the Racing Truck division.
Tanner Denney with the freshly built B44.2 came out of the gates swinging in the 4wd modified A-main. Tanner used the newly designed vehicle as an advantage to smooth out his driving and build a lead over the Kyosho / JConcepts driver Zach Rogers. Tanner opened up a gap on the field and used some driving intelligence to steady the pace while finishing off the main for a well deserved 1st place. Zach Rogers would finish 2nd and Cory Crosley 3rd all running the JConcepts tire and accessory package.
2wd SCT modified took the track for another single A-main battle. TQ Brian Kinwald was a huge favorite after his qualifying dominance but Tanner Denney and Charles Hicks looked to upset the “Dirtinator.” Right from the tone, the Hi-Flow body covered Factory Team SC10 of Kinwald was locked in and never lost sight of the lead and once Kinwald is in the lead, it’s usually game over for the competition. Kinwald stretched the lead over the field and picked up another win taking 1st place. Charles Hicks finished 2nd and Tanner Denney 3rd.
We would like to thank everyone who came out to support the event and track. A huge thanks to the track workers (Ryan Maifield, George Caberal, Humpty Helms, Brandon Fox and Rickey Gaynor) for the awesome track!
JConcepts winning products:
· 3017-04 – Bar Codes orange compound
· 3033-04 – Bar Codes orange compound
· 3035-01 – Pressure Points 2wd rear blue compound
· 3062-04 – Pressure Points 1/10th race truck orange compound
· 3021-04 – Bar Codes 1/10th race truck orange compound
· 3044-04 – Bar Codes SCT orange compound
· 3049-04 – Pressure Points SCT orange compound
· 0212 – Finnisher B4.1 body
· 0122 – Hi-Clearance wing
· 0248 – Finnisher B44.2 body
· 0235 – Finnisher T4.1 body
· 0222 – Hi-Flow SCT body
· 0130 – champion name plate winglets and number plates
· 2136 – 5 and 10gm stick-on weight set
· 2134 – 12mm front clamping hex adaptor for SC10 – blue anodized aluminum
· 2135 – 12mm front clamping hex adaptor for B4.1 – blue anodized aluminum
· 2075 – 8/32″ locking wheel nut – fits B4, T4, B44 and SC10 – locking / lightweight (blue)
· 2061 – B4.1 +8mm Monroe Carbon Fiber battery brace
· 2158 – B4.1 aluminum steering bell-cranks – blue
· 2159-1 – B4.1 aluminum wing mounts – blue – 2pc
· 2162 – T4.1 Monroe Carbon Fiber battery brace
· 2163 – SC10 Monroe Carbon Fiber battery brace
· 2164 – SC10 rear body mount brace
· 2165 – Associated Carbon Fiber Hub Tower A, B and C (fits aluminum hub carrier)
· 2167 – 8/32″ thin-pattern locking wheel nut – fits B44 front – locking / lightweight (blue)
· 2169 – B4.1 front axle for 12mm hex conversion (requires #9880 AE steering block)
· 2170 – T4.1 front axle for 12mm hex conversion (requires #9880 AE steering block and JC #2081)
· 2171 – SC10 front axle for 12mm hex conversion (requires #9880 AE steering block)
· 2081 – 12mm rear hex adaptor for SC10 – blue anodized aluminum
· 2091 – 12mm rear hex adaptor for B4.1, B44.1 – blue anodized aluminum
· 3344B – Hazard – SC10 / SC10 4×4 +3mm wider off-set – 12mm hex wheel
· 3347 – Mono – B4.1 | RB5 – 12mm hex front wheel (white) – 4pc
· 3348 – Mono – B4.1 | B44.1 | RB5 – 12mm hex rear wheel (white) – 4pc
· 3349 – Mono – B44.1 – front wheel (white) – 4pc
· 3354W – Mono – T4.1 – 12mm hex F&R wheel – white – 4pc.
· 3202-1 – Profiled – 1/10th 4wd front insert – Firm / grooved – 2pc
· 3205-1 – Profiled – 1/10th truck insert – inner and outer cut – medium – 2pc.
· 3206-3 – Profiled – 1/10th buggy rear tire insert – medium / grooved rounded – 2pc
· 3217-1 – Profiled – Short Course insert – Firm – 2pc.